Travel Insurance when Motorcycling Overseas
Travel Insurance when Motorcycling
You must have a licence that is valid in the country of travel and in your country of residence.
The following are general exclusions under the travel insurance policies. This means that no cover is provided if the traveller;
Rides a motorcycle, moped or motor scooter, either as the person in control or as a pillion passenger
- With an engine capacity greater than 250cc, or
- when not wearing a helmet, or
- where the person in control does not have a full motorcycle licence that is valid both in the country of travel and their country of residence.
03 9427 9224 or send us an email from the below form.
Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- hire from a registered rental vehicle company; and
- have a rental vehicle agreement in writing.
- must have comprehensive motor vehicle insurance for the period of hire
Travel Insurance when Overland Motorcycling
- The Bare Essentials, Essentials, Annual Multi Trip and Comprehensive Plans can cover you up to 250cc engine capacity.
- Policy holder must always be wearing a helmet and have a valid license in their home country and country of travel.
Taking a motorcycle tour overseas
Some restrictions apply in certain countries regarding licensing. If you are riding a motorcycle with a tour group with a valid tour operator, please contact them to organise a temporary license for riding a motorcycle. An example of a country with the restriction is Vietnam. The temporary license may only allow you to ride when you are with the tour group, always check this directly with the tour operator to make sure you are riding legally.
Quad Bikes are excluded from all policies
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
If you have any question's please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon.