Overseas Motorcycle Travel Insurance
Motorcycle Travel Insurance
You must have a licence that is valid in the country of travel and in your country of residence.
General exclusionsRides a motor cycle, whilst on the trip,
- without wearing a helmet, or
- without an unrestricted motorcycle licence that is in your country of residence, or
- 250 cc limits apply to all policies
03 9427 9224 or send us an email from the below form.
Hiring a motorcycle
- When hiring a motorcycle your Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess cover will apply under the following policies.
- Australian Travel
- Annual Multi Trip
- Must be hired from a reputable rental company that has comprehensive insurance on all of their vehicles.
Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
- hire from a registered rental vehicle company;and
- have a rental vehicle agreement in writing.
- must have comprehensive motor vehicle insurance for the period of hire
Overland Motorcycle Travel Insurance
- The Bare Essentials, Essentials, Annual Multi Trip and Comprehensive policies will cover you up to 250cc
- Policy holder must always be wearing a helmet and have a valid licenses in the their home country and country of travel.
Taking a motorcycle tour overseas
Some restrictions apply in certain countries regarding licensing. If you are riding a motorcycle in a tour with a valid tour operator please contact them to organise a temporary license for riding a motorcycle. An example of a country with these restriction is Vietnam. The temporary license may only allow you to ride when you are with the group, always check this directly with the tour operator to make sure you are riding legally.
Own your own motorcycle
- No policies or cover applies when you are using your own motorcycle. Motorcycles are classifed as a luggage and personal effects exclusion.
Quad Bikes are excluded from all policies
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
If you have any questions please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon