Travel Insurance Saver
Single Trip Annual Multi Trip
    Traveller 1
    Traveller 2
    Child 1

    Medical Condition

    An existing medical condition is any medical condition which:

    At the time you buy your policy is:
    • chronic; or, 
    • displaying symptoms; or, 
    • under investigation; or, 
    • pending follow-up, consultation, treatment or surgery; or where these are recommended or planned; 
    • or metastatic; 
    • or terminal; or
    in the six months prior to the time you buy your policy there has been:
    • treatment by a medical practitioner; or 
    • medication prescribed; or 
    • surgery.

    Please refer to existing medical conditions that meet the criteria for automatic cover. 

    Do you want to complete a medical screening? 

    After entering your trip details (Age, Destination, Dates) to get a quote first. Please click on the "Continue" button to be redirected to nib to complete a medical screening. You will need to enter in details such as name & email, the medical screening will be on the following page. 

    Snow Sports

    If you are participating in Snow sports on your trip you need to add this option to be provided cover for snow sports related events. Snow Sports cover is only available on the International Comprehensive, Annual Multi trip and Australian Travel plans.

    By selecting this option, you’ll be charged an additional premium. You can uncheck this box if you do not wish to purchase this additional cover.

    Snow sports are defined as Snow skiing and snowboarding on and off piste, back country skiing and snowboarding, snowmobiling, tobogganing, cross-country skiing, telemark skiing.

    $0 Excess

    By selecting this option, you’ll be charged an additional premium. You can uncheck this box if you don't want to reduce your excess. Different excess options are available when you "Get a Quote".

    Variable excess option. An excess is the amount that is deducted from your claim payout. A standard excess of $250 applies to most claims. By selecting this option, you can reduce your policy excess amount to $0 on some plans. An additional excess may apply to specific medical conditions. This excess cannot be removed.


    Cruising is covered as standard. If the cruise only stops in one country, just select that country. If the cruise stops at multiple destinations, add each destination. 

    • If you are travelling to 'New Caledonia', please also add in 'South Pacific Cruise' so cruise is displayed on your Certificate of Insurance. 
    • If the cruise only visits stops within Australia, make sure you select ‘Australian Waters’ option and NOT just Australia.

    If you get sick aboard a cruise while traveling under one of our international policies, we can offer overseas medical cover on board, including if you contract Coronavirus during the trip. Make sure you’re following all relevant government and official advice. All policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply, and you should be aware there are things we don’t cover, such as your cruise being cancelled by the provider due to an epidemic or pandemic.

    Already Overseas

    If you are already overseas and need travel insurance due to your previous policy expiring, or need to be covered while overseas and for your return trip back to Australia you can purchase while overseas. The trip must end at your home in Australia. A 72 hour waiting period may apply for policies purchased when you are already travelling. See waiting periods in the PDS for more information. 

    Annual Multi Trip

    Annual Multi Trip Plan, trip(s) means any travel up to 45 days in duration between the departure date and return date shown on your Certificate of Insurance. Each trip must:
    • Start and end at your home in Australia, and 
    • Be to a destination of at least 200km from your home in Australia, and 
    • Include travel by either pre-paid scheduled public transport or hire car, or include at least one night of pre-booked publicly available accommodation
    Designed for people who are travelling internationally and may also be travelling domestically.


    Your children, stepchildren, grandchildren, foster children, and children for whom you are the legal guardian, who are travelling with you on the same itinerary for the entire duration of your trip and at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued are:
    • under 25 years of age, and
    • working less than 30 hours per week.

    Coronavirus Travel Costs

    This benefit covers you for specific events related to coronavirus, such as contracting the virus causing you to cancel the trip or causing your quarantine; a healthcare worker's leave being cancelled; or you being denied boarding due to your suspected infection with coronavirus

    COVID-19 Medical

    Overseas Medical limit - $Unlimited^ (including COVID-19. Subject to policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions).
    ^Expenses for up to 12 months from the date an illness first appears or injury first occurs. Includes reasonable and necessary overseas medical expenses arising from sudden illness or serious injury (including COVID-19).

    One Way

    Policies are available for one-way travel overseas or to return back to Australia! Enter your departure and return dates which would be your active dates of insurance. Trip must start or end at your home in Australia.

    Travel Insurance when Motorcycling Overseas

    Travel Insurance when Motorcycling

    Wanting to motorcycle overseas and looking for a travel insurance policy to suit your needs?

    You must have a licence that is valid in the country of travel and in your country of residence.

    If you are an Australian travelling overseas and are looking to ride a motorcycle, you must have a valid motorcycle license in Australia and also hold the appropriate license to ride a motorcycle at your destination. Different countries often have unique and varied requirements to ride motorcycles and other two wheeled vehicles, please ensure to check what licenses are required before riding motorcycles overseas. 


    General exclusions

    The following are general exclusions under the travel insurance policies. This means that no cover is provided if the traveller;

    Rides a motorcycle, moped or motor scooter, either as the person in control or as a pillion passenger 

    • With an engine capacity greater than 250cc, or
    • when not wearing a helmet, or 
    • where the person in control does not have a full motorcycle licence that is valid both in the country of travel and their country of residence.
    If you are unsure, please contact Travel Insurance Saver
    03 9427 9224 or send us an email from the below form.

    Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess

    No cover applies to motorcycles or quad bikes for Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess
    Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess only applies to 4-wheeled vehicle with a gross vehicle mass less than 4.5 tonnes such as cars & campervans that you:
    • hire from a registered rental vehicle company; and
    • have a rental vehicle agreement in writing. 
    • must have comprehensive motor vehicle insurance for the period of hire
    Please note: Quad bikes are a general exclusion for all policies under section 13(k) of the General exclusions in the PDS. 

    Travel Insurance when Overland Motorcycling

    • The Bare Essentials, Essentials, Annual Multi Trip and Comprehensive Plans can cover you up to 250cc engine capacity.   
      • Policy holder must always be wearing a helmet and have a valid license in their home country and country of travel.

    Taking a motorcycle tour overseas

    Some restrictions apply in certain countries regarding licensing. If you are riding a motorcycle with a tour group with a valid tour operator, please contact them to organise a temporary license for riding a motorcycle. An example of a country with the restriction is Vietnam. The temporary license may only allow you to ride when you are with the tour group, always check this directly with the tour operator to make sure you are riding legally. 

    Travel insurance for overseas motorcycle adventures

    Quad Bikes are excluded from all policies

    All-terrain vehicles & quad bikes, either as the person in control or as a pillion passenger are excluded from all policies. 
    This is a summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions as set out in the Product Disclosure Statement. Always read the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about any travel insurance policy  

    Contact Travel Insurance Saver

    If you have any question's please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon.

    "First Name" is a mandatory field.
    "Surname" is a mandatory field.
    "Email Address" is a mandatory field.
    Please select if you are going on a cruise.
    "Adult 1 Age" is a mandatory field.
    "Adult 1 Age" must be a number.
    "Adult 2 Age" must be a number.
    "Privacy Policy" is a mandatory field.