Existing Medical Condition Travel Insurance
Medical assessment online
Please follow these steps to apply for cover for an existing medical condition online.To complete the EMC form, please follow these steps; no payment details are required today.
- Click the Buy Now button on the International Comprehensive, Annual Multi Trip, or Australian Comprehensive policy.
- Continue through and enter your details, email address, and make sure you select Yes to EMC
- You will be then redirected to the QBE website to complete the EMC form. All your details will be pre-populated.
- Click on the bottom right Continue button until requested about T&C and EMC - Click on ‘YES’ for both
- Complete the form and enter in the condition/s you wish to include in your policy.
- Once completed you will receive your Quote Number via email.
- QBE will assess the EMC form and get back in touch with you in approximately three days to confirm the quote.
Existing medical conditions of a non-travelling relative or business partner
Provided your non-travelling relative or business partner is under 80 years of age at the time the Certificate of Insurance is to be issued you can apply to cover their existing medical condition if their state of health could disrupt your travel plans even though they are not travelling with you. Complete your Application Form and ask our representative for a Non-Travelling Relative or Business Partner Travellers Medical Appraisal Form, complete and submit for appraisal, via our representative.
Conditions Automatically Covered for Free
Provided the following existing medical conditions are stable, and you or anyone else are not waiting for treatment, on a hospital waiting list, awaiting results of medical tests or investigation relating to any of these conditions. You will be covered for the following conditions on all policies.
- Allergies - such as allergic rhinitis, chronic rhinitis, hayfever, sinusitis, anaphylaxis, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, food intolerance, latex allergy
- Anaemia - including iron deficiency anaemia, B12 deficiency, folate deficiency, pernicious anaemia
- Asthma - provided you are under 60 years of age, and you have not required cortisone medication, except taken by inhaler or puffer, or hospitalisation for the past 12 months including as an outpatient.
- Bell’s palsy
- Benign breast cysts
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cataracts – with no pending surgery or surgery in last six weeks
- Coeliac disease
- Congenital blindness or deafness
- Diabetes Mellitus Types 1 and two provided you were not diagnosed within the last 12 months and where you have no known cardiovascular, hypertensive/hypertension, vascular disease, no related kidney, eye or neuropathy complications
- Epilepsy - you have been seizure free for the past 12 months or do not require more than one anti-seizure medication
- Goitre, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's disease, Graves disease
- Grommets - if no current ear infection and no ear infection in the last four weeks
- Hiatus hernia, Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, Peptic ulcer disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension/Hypertensive) - stable
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolaemia)
- High Lipids (Hyperlipidaemia)
- Hip and knee replacements - if performed more than nine months ago and less than ten years ago, with no history of dislocation
- Insulin resistance, impaired glucose tolerance
- Macular degeneration
- Migraines except where you have been hospitalised in the past 12 months
- Nocturnal cramps
- Osteoporosis - where there have been no fractures, and you do not require more than one medication or suffer any back pain condition
- Plantar fasciitis
- Pregnancy-related conditions, including a pregnancy complication;there haven't been any pregnancy complications or Illnesses or Illness of the mother up to and including 26 weeks gestation provided; there haven't been any pregnancy complications or Illnesses in this pregnancy or any previous pregnancy, or a reproductive medical program hasn't assisted this pregnancy, eg, IVF.
- Raynaud’s Disease
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Trigger finger
- Routine screening tests where no underlying disease has been detected
High-Risk Existing Medical Conditions
- Angina (Coronary Artery Disease/Ischaemic heart Disease)
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack)
- Cardiac arrhythmias (disturbances to the heart rhythm)
- Congestive cardiac/heart failure
- Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA/Stroke/TIA – Transient Ischaemic Attack)
- Cardiac Valve Disease
- Previous cardiac surgery (stents, bypass surgery, valve replacement, and pacemakers/intracardiac devices)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive airways/pulmonary disease (COAD/ COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis/Asbestosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Organ transplants
- Any back condition, including chronic pain and/or surgery in the last 5 years
- Any condition for which you have undergone surgery or which has been under investigation within the last 12 months.
- Any condition that is awaiting investigation or treatment
- Any cancer that was diagnosed within the last 5 years excluding non-melanoma skin cancers
To Complete the Existing Medical Condition form please get a quote and select the Optional Extra 'Medical Condition'
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
If you have any questions please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon