Travel Insurance Saver

Choose the right policy to suit your needs


Compare nib Travel Insurance Policies

Travel Insurance Saver offers a variety of Travel Insurance policies from nib Travel Insurance that may meet the needs of our customers whether that is in Australia or Overseas. Choose from domestic and international products at the click of a button with travel plans available.

Schedule of benefits

To compare policies and view the product disclosure statement, please complete a quote and the top policy options will be examined side-by-side for you. Compare and choose the best policy for your trip away. Description of benefits and complete downloadable PDS's are also available once you have recieved your quote. 

Existing medical conditions (EMC)

We automatically cover over 40 conditions for free. Click here to view Existing Medical Conditions covered for free & also high-risk conditions.
You can only add an Existing Medical Condition (EMC) on the International Comprehensive policy or the Annual Multi Trip policy. If you choose another product, conditions that are no automatical covered would be excluded. 

nib International Assistance - Worldwide 24/7 365 days emergency assistance

nib International Assistance are trained medical experts and travel insurance specialists. This Australian-based team coordinates emergency assistance to the policyholder that becomes ill or injured while travelling overseas.
Click here for further information

Destination countries 

You can select from a drop down box a range of different countries which you will be travelling to. Select all of the countries you will be travelling to from the drop down box, select dates and ages of travellers, and then click get a quote.  


Cruises are automatically covered for free. If you are taking a cruise in Australian waters, please select Australian Waters as your destination, when travelling in international waters, please select the country that you will be travelling to; For example Singapore, Hawaii, Vanuatu etc.
Click the link for further information about Cruise Travel Insurance

Motorcycling overseas

Wanting to motorcycle abroad and looking for travel insurance?
You must have a valid Australian motorcycle licence along with a valid motorcycle license for the country you’re travelling in, and be riding a motorcycle that is less than 250cc. You’ll also need to make sure you wear a helmet! Click to view further information regarding Motorcycle Travel Insurance.

Dependent children, covered for free. 

Your children, stepchildren, grandchildren, foster children, and children for whom you are the legal guardian, who are travelling with you on the same itinerary for the entire duration of your trip and at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued are: 

  • under 25 years of age, and
  • working less than 30 hours per week.

Amend and extend your policy

Amend, extend or cancel via the self-managed system - Further information.

Rental vehicle insurance excess

We will cover you for the rental vehicle insurance excess, or the cost of repairing the vehicle, whichever is lower, if;

  • you rent a vehicle from a rental company; 
  • it is damaged by accident, storm, fire or theft; and 
  • you are a nominated driver of the Rental Vehicle Agreement. 

For this benefit to apply, the rental vehicle must have comprehensive motor vehicle insurance for the period of hire. Please refer to schedule of benefits for policies that include Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess 

Snow & Ski cover 

We have options to add Snow Sports to your Comprehensive and Annual Multi Trip when travelling overseas. Please select the Snow Sports as an optional extra in the quoting panel to apply snow sports cover to your Travel Insurance policy.

Peace of mind

nib International Assistance is a 24/7 Australian-based team that coordinates emergency assistance to all policyholders. and best of all, if you ever have to make a claim on your nib travel insurance policy, you can do it anywhere, anytime. And you know it will be assessed as quickly as possible. That means faster processing and quicker payment so you’re not out of pocket any longer than you have to be.

Take confidence while travelling with a nib Travel Insurance policy.

Already departed

A 72 hour waiting period applies if you purchase when you have already departed from Australia.

Extend your policy

You can update and extend your single trip policyies for up to 12 months, unless you have made a claim, added a specified medical condition or had changes to your health since purchasing a policy. 
Click here to find out how to extend your policy.

Group travel insurance

Group travel insurance requires a minimum of 10 travellers to be eligible.

Available only on International Comprehensive, Essentials, and Bare Essentials policies. Provided you are under the age of 70 and  have the intention of returning to Australia. Click here to request a quote.

Seniors Travel Insurance

We have a range of policies available for seniors, with the International Travel Plan & Australian Travel Plan products available, subject to the destination and duration of travel. .

Budget Travel Insurance

We offer several policies for people travelling on a budget. 

Monetary Unit

All $ values via this website, displayed in Australian Dollars (AUD) 

Travelling when pregnant

We automatically cover pregnancy-related illness of the mother up to & including 26 weeks gestation for a single pregnancy or 19 weeks for a multiple pregnancy - Provided there have been no complications in this pregnancy or any previous pregnancy.

Compare Travel Insurance

We offer a great platform to compare policies side by side to identify the best policy for your travel needs. 

Overseas Travel Insurance

Travelling overseas and looking for great value for money travel insurance.