Travel insurance for domestic travel only
Travel Insurance when traveling in Australia - What You Need to Know
Australia has a lot to offer as a country when it comes to domestic travel. Being an island and a continent, this large country offers some of the finest beaches, flora, and wildlife in the world. Millions of people travel domestically within Australia each year, from state to state, there is a lot you can see and do.
If you are travelling domestically within Australia and have selected ‘Australia’ as your sole destination, you may choose from two travel plans depending on your trip details – the Cancellation and Additional Expenses Travel Plan, and the Australian Travel Plan. If you want to find out about these two travel plans, enter your trip details into the quote panel and click ‘get a quote’.
Domestic Travel Insurance:
There are a range of travel insurance policies available online. Domestic travel plans generally provide coverage for Cancellation and Additional Expenses, though some plans, like the Australian Travel Plan, list other benefits as well as Cancellation and Additional Expenses.
There are two single trip domestic plans available through Travel Insurance Saver which provide cover for trips within Australia (‘Australia’ set as sole destination). They are the Australian Cancellation and Additional Expenses Plan, and the Australian Travel Plan, depending on your trip details.
The Annual Multi Trip Plan is also available for domestic and international travel. On the quote panel, click on Annual Multi Trip in the Options and More Information for further information. Each trip must:
- Start and end at your home in Australia, and
- Be to a destination of at least 200km from your home in Australia, and
- Include travel by either pre-paid scheduled public transport or hire car, or include at least one night of pre-booked publicly available accommodation
Why travel within Australia?
- Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess (Australian Travel Plan).
- Cancellation or holiday deferment (Australian Cancellation and Additional Expenses Plan & Australian Travel Plan).
- Luggage (Australian Travel Plan).
- Medical Evacuation (Australian Travel Plan)
Backpackers travel insurance
Domestic travel insurance
Budget travel insurance
Travel insurance Australia
Travel insurance online
Travel insurance quote