Travel Insurance Saver
Single Trip Annual Multi Trip
    Traveller 1
    Traveller 2
    Child 1

    Medical Condition

    An existing medical condition is any medical condition which:

    At the time you buy your policy is:
    • chronic; or, 
    • displaying symptoms; or, 
    • under investigation; or, 
    • pending follow-up, consultation, treatment or surgery; or where these are recommended or planned; 
    • or metastatic; 
    • or terminal; or
    in the six months prior to the time you buy your policy there has been:
    • treatment by a medical practitioner; or 
    • medication prescribed; or 
    • surgery.

    Please refer to existing medical conditions that meet the criteria for automatic cover. 

    Do you want to complete a medical screening? 

    After entering your trip details (Age, Destination, Dates) to get a quote first. Please click on the "Continue" button to be redirected to nib to complete a medical screening. You will need to enter in details such as name & email, the medical screening will be on the following page. 

    Snow Sports

    If you are participating in Snow sports on your trip you need to add this option to be provided cover for snow sports related events. Snow Sports cover is only available on the International Comprehensive, Annual Multi trip and Australian Travel plans.

    By selecting this option, you’ll be charged an additional premium. You can uncheck this box if you do not wish to purchase this additional cover.

    Snow sports are defined as Snow skiing and snowboarding on and off piste, back country skiing and snowboarding, snowmobiling, tobogganing, cross-country skiing, telemark skiing. Click the link to find out more about Snow Sports travel insurance.

    $0 Excess

    By selecting this option, you’ll be charged an additional premium. You can uncheck this box if you don't want to reduce your excess. Different excess options are available when you "Get a Quote".

    Variable excess option. An excess is the amount that is deducted from your claim payout. A standard excess of $250 applies to most claims. By selecting this option, you can reduce your policy excess amount to $0 on some plans. An additional excess may apply to specific medical conditions. This excess cannot be removed.


    Cruising is covered as standard. If the cruise only stops in one country, just select that country. If the cruise stops at multiple destinations, add each destination. 

    • If you are travelling to 'New Caledonia', please also add in 'South Pacific Cruise' so cruise is displayed on your Certificate of Insurance. 
    • If the cruise only visits stops within Australia, make sure you select ‘Australian Waters’ option and NOT just Australia.

    If you get sick aboard a cruise while traveling under one of our international policies, we can offer overseas medical cover on board, including if you contract Coronavirus during the trip. Make sure you’re following all relevant government and official advice. All policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply, and you should be aware there are things we don’t cover, such as your cruise being cancelled by the provider due to an epidemic or pandemic.
    Click the link to find out more about travel insurance for cruising.

    Already Overseas

    If you are already overseas and need travel insurance due to your previous policy expiring, or need to be covered while overseas and for your return trip back to Australia you can purchase while overseas. The trip must end at your home in Australia. A 72 hour waiting period may apply for policies purchased when you are already travelling. See waiting periods in the PDS for more information. 

    Annual Multi Trip

    Annual Multi Trip Plan, trip(s) means any travel up to 45 days in duration between the departure date and return date shown on your Certificate of Insurance. Each trip must:
    • Start and end at your home in Australia, and 
    • Be to a destination of at least 200km from your home in Australia, and 
    • Include travel by either pre-paid scheduled public transport or hire car, or include at least one night of pre-booked publicly available accommodation
    Designed for people who are travelling internationally and may also be travelling domestically. 


    Your children, stepchildren, grandchildren, foster children, and children for whom you are the legal guardian, who are travelling with you on the same itinerary for the entire duration of your trip and at the time the Certificate of Insurance is issued are:
    • under 25 years of age, and
    • working less than 30 hours per week.

    Coronavirus Travel Costs

    This benefit covers you for specific events related to coronavirus, such as contracting the virus causing you to cancel the trip or causing your quarantine; a healthcare worker's leave being cancelled; or you being denied boarding due to your suspected infection with coronavirus. Click the link to find out more about travel insurance for coronavirus.

    COVID-19 Medical

    Overseas Medical limit - $Unlimited^ (including COVID-19. Subject to policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions).
    ^Expenses for up to 12 months from the date an illness first appears or injury first occurs. Includes reasonable and necessary overseas medical expenses arising from sudden illness or serious injury (including COVID-19).

    One Way

    Policies are available for one-way travel overseas or to return back to Australia! Enter your departure and return dates which would be your active dates of insurance. Trip must start or end at your home in Australia. Click the link to find out more about one way travel insurance.

    Long Term Travel Insurance for 365 days or more


    Long term travel insurance

    Travelling from Australia to an overseas destination and looking to stay long term?

    Long term travel insurance may be available under the selected travel plans on the Travel Insurance Saver website. If you are travelling overseas and have an existing valid travel insurance plan which is set to expire, i.e., your return date is coming up and you wish to travel overseas for a longer duration than the return date listed on your travel insurance policy, you may extend your current existing travel insurance policy up to a period of one year provided there have been no claims made on the policy and pending approval from nib Travel. 

    Looking for 2 year travel insurance? 

    The single trip travel insurance plans available from Travel Insurance Saver can each be taken out for a maximum of 365-days. A total of two travel insurance plans can be taken out back-to-back, meaning it is possible to get travel insurance when a two year period with two single 365-day policies set back-to-back.   
    Important: If you wish to extend your policy, you must extend your policy before the initial travel insurance policy has expired, that is, you must extend your travel insurance policy before the return date set on the travel insurance policy you wish to extend lapses.   

    Helpful Hint – Set a reminder on your phone for when your travel insurance policy return/end date is set to lapse. This way, if your overseas and need to travel for a longer duration, you can apply to extend your policy for a further period before the period of insurance lapses.  
    What happens if my travel insurance policy has been taken out for one year and I wish to stay longer than one year? I.e. I need a travel insurance policy for longer than a one-year period. 

    Taking out travel insurance for 2 years 

    Either before you depart, or while you are travelling, you may purchase a second travel insurance policy to cover you for up to a second year of travel. This means you will need two travel insurance policies. The first travel insurance policy may cover you for up to a period of one year, and your second travel insurance policy may similarly cover you for a second year of travel. 
    Important: Your travel insurance policy must either begin or end at your home in Australia. Therefore, if you wish to take out two back-to-back travel insurance policies covering up to two years of travel overseas, the departure date for your first policy must be the date you depart Australia, and your return date on your second policy must end with your return to your home in Australia. 
    Note: If you depart from Australia at the beginning of your first travel insurance policy, that policy may end whilst you are still travelling overseas (I.e. when the return date lapses) your policy must begin or end at your home in Australia. Similarly, on a 
    second-year policy, because your departure date has started with you being overseas, the return date of that policy must be your actual return to your home in Australia. 
    Cover under all other benefits and events begins when you leave your home in Australia to begin your trip or the departure date of the trip shown on your Certificate of Insurance, whichever happens last. Cover ends when you return to your home in Australia or when the period of insurance ends, whichever happens first.
    Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions set out in the current Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). Make sure you’ve read and understood the (PDS) prior to choosing a travel insurance policy.