Travel Insurance Cancellation Cover
Travel Insurance Saver (TIS) understands that sometimes unavoidable events occur which may prevent you from being able to partake in your travels, continue travelling while abroad or inside Australia, or need to postpone your trip entirely.
All international policies include some level of cancellation cover and may include cover for thinks like flights, accommodation, tours, cruises and any other prepaid purchases that you have made – like tickets for sporting events. Some policies also allow you to select the amount of cancellation cover that you require. Get a travel insurance quote online today to compare and save on cancellation travel insurance.
Some of the cancellation cover^ benefits offered are:
- Covers your pre-paid purchases for your trip, such as;
- Flights, Accommodation, Car Hire, Cruises, Tours.
- Your cancellation cover starts from the day you purchase your policy.
- The earlier you purchase your policy, the earlier your cancellation cover is active.
- Having to cancel your trip to due to sudden illness or injury to yourself or a relative (any age) with no previous existing medical condition
- a close relative or business partner who is a resident in Australia or New Zealand.
This is a summary of cover only. Cover is subject to the policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions set out in the Product Disclosure Statement. Always read the Product Disclosure Statement before making a decision about any travel insurance policy.
Cover is offered for cancellation if you are unable to begin your trip because of but not limited to:
- The death, injury or illness of a travelling member of your party.
- Relative that resides in Australian or New Zealand fall suddenly ill or pass away that is not related to a existing medical condition
- The financial default of airlines, hotels and resort operators.
There are many more cancellation situations which may be covered by your travel insurance policy. These events can be viewed in the Product Disclosure Statement. Please get a quote to view rates.
General Exclusions & Helpful Hints
This exclusion does not apply to “Cancellation and additional expenses” event 2 for hijacking in “What are the events that will be covered under this section”; “Overseas medical expenses”; “Emergency accommodation due to terrorism”; “Luggage and personal effects”; “Medical evacuation and repatriation” for the cost of repatriation to or within Australia, if the carrier requires you to be brought back with a medical escort.
For further information, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement to review the General Exclusions. PDS can be found after getting a quote from this page and clicking on 'PDS' under the quoted price. Alternatively, please contact our helpful staff members, and we can assist with any further questions.
- Hilton and Marriott have introduced policies where guests must cancel a full day in advance.
- Some resorts have made even stricter policies which require guests to cancel up to a full week in advance
- Avoid dodgy providers that have harsh cancellation rules and/or bad reviews when past customers have tried to cancel.
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
Corona Virus - Please visit our Travel Alert page for more information on Corona Virus. If you have any question's please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon.