Help DeskFind out more about;
Manage your travel insurance policy
You can log in and manage your policy. To do this, open your certificate of insurance via email. Click on View/Update Policy to;
- Amend, extend or cancel a policy;
- Buy additional benefits such as luggage, car hire, motorcycle or snow and ski cover if available on your specific policy.
- Apply for protection for an existing medical condition
Cancellation of policy can be self-processed within the cooling off period.
How to update and amend your travel insurance policy
1. After you purchased your policy, you will receive an email from us. This email will contain your certificate of insurance in a PDF file as well as a link to our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Policy Wording.
2. In the email, you’ll also receive a link to View/Update Policy. If you click this link you’ll be redirected to a nib page. On this page, there will be a button to register for nib travel where you can securely access your quote, policy or claim.
3. Click the ‘Register’ button, and an email will be sent to your registered email address subject ‘nib Travel Registration’.
4. In this registry email, you’ll receive a link to set a password for your nib travel account. Click this link and you’ll be redirected to the nib website where you can set your password. Your password should be at least 8 characters in length and must contain characters from three of the following four categories: uppercase; lowercase; numeric; and special characters such as ! $ # %.
5. After you enter and confirmed your password on this page, you’ll be taken through to the policy summary page. On this page, you’ll be able to view all of the details of your travel insurance policy, including dates of departure and return, duration, cover type, travel plan, major destination and optional extras.
6. Scroll down and you’ll see an option to have documentation emailed to you again, like your certificate of insurance and product disclosure statement. Beneath this, you will see a number of self-service options. These options include the ability to change your personal details, change travel dates, change destination and add optional extras, or cancel your policy.
Change Travel Dates (extend/amend)
1. Select “change travel dates” under self-service options on your policy summary page. Hit “continue”.
2. On this page, you’ll find the option to edit your travel *Departure Date and *Return Date. Amend the dates as you see fit and click “Continue”.
3. This next page will allow you to change your level of cover, change excess, add additional extras, add rental vehicle insurance excess cover and apply for specified item cover. After you finish with this page, click “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
4. On this page, you’ll be presented with a quote summary where you can change your personal details if necessary. Scroll down to hit “Continue” at the bottom of the page.
5. On this page, you’ll need to specify whether or not any claims are pending on the policy. If no, select “No” and hit “Continue” at the bottom of the page. If yes, you must hit “Yes” and describe the nature of the claim before continuing.
6. The final page will present you with a simple quote summary, read the information and if it is accurate click the “I agree” button at the bottom of the page, if you required please enter in credit cards for the additional days duration.
We have options to include for Snow Cover, International or the Annual Multi Trip
An additional fee is required to include Snow cover on the above policies,
How does our travel Insurance compare
Complete a quote using the quoting panel to view the best available policies for your trip away.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact our Customer Service Team;or nib after hours on 1300 555 017.
Worldwide Travel Insurance Guide
Includes countries demographics, background information, travel insurance advice, map and flag for each country. Visit worldwide travel insurance
If you wish to buy-out the excess so that there is a $0 excess in the event of a claim, please select one of the following policies;
- International Travel Plan
- Annual Multi Trip
Existing Medical Conditions
You MUST apply online for cover and cover must be approved by us in writing before the issue of a Certificate of Insurance if:
- you have a High Risk Existing Medical Condition; or
- you require cover for any other existing medical condition other than those automatically covered; or
- you are 80 years of age or over; or
- you have answered yes to the question in the application regarding undergoing or having undergone or been referred for any tests or investigations into any undiagnosed or suspected medical condition.
We WILL NOT PAY any claim if you are aged 80 years or over at the time the Certificate of Insurance is to be issued or a claim arising as a result of or exacerbated by, or consequential upon your existing medical condition UNLESS you have applied for cover, we have agreed to cover you and you have paid any additional amount payable we ask for. The amount payable may include administrative costs and any risk-based surcharges applicable to your application.
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
Coronavirus - Please visit our Travel Alert page for more information on Coronavirus. If you have any question's please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon.