International Travel Plan
Cover that takes you across the seas When you’re a long way from home, you want to know that if something goes wrong you’re not alone. Even minor mishaps can have a major impact on both your travel plans and your wallet.
Our International Travel Plan can offer cover if you get sick or injured while overseas, or if you’re out of pocket because your plans get cancelled unexpectedly. Leave your worries behind and enjoy your travels.
Our International Travel Plan offers unlimited* cover for:
- Overseas emergency medical expenses
- Medical evacuation or repatriation
- Cancellation or deferment costs
We also offer cover for:
- Accidentally lost or stolen luggage
- Rental vehicle insurance excess
- A range of existing medical conditions^
- Cruising overseas
- Many amateur sporting activities
- Snow sports in New Zealand (option to add snow sports cover in other countries)
- Accompanying children, at no additional cost
24/7 Emergency medical support
nib’s 24/7 emergency assistance team includes trained medical professionals such as doctors and registered nurses. They’re on standby and ready to help with any medical emergencies no matter wherever or whenever they might occur.
From organising quality local medical help through to arranging and overseeing an evacuation or repatriation, you can be confident you’ll have the very best minds and hands guiding the process for you.
Simple, fast claims
Best of all, if you ever have to make a claim on your nib travel insurance policy, you can do it anywhere, anytime. And you know it will be assessed as quickly as possible.
That means faster processing and quicker payment so you’re not out of pocket any longer than you have to be.
nib travel insurance – it’s worth it.
^ To have automatic cover for an existing medical condition, you must meet the criteria listed for that condition.