2 Embargos are in place for Hong Kong and Bali
Hong Kong Protests - 20 August 2019
Important information about cover on travel insurance policies issued by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Demonstrations in Hong Kong have been ongoing since June, including flight cancellations occurring from 5 August 2019.
News of disruption to travel services has been widely reported, and subsequent disruption is deemed to be a continuation of this same movement.
There is no cover for claims arising from these events for policies purchased after 12:00am (AEST) on 7 August 2019.
If your travel plans are affected
- Contact your airline, cruise or tour operator to check if tourist services are affected.
- If you need to change your travel arrangements, contact your airline, cruise company or travel agent for assistance in the first instance. Refer to your policy wording for more detail or contact our Customer Service Centre to discuss your plans before making any changes.
- Injured or ill? Contact the emergency assistance team as soon as possible. Their details are listed on your Certificate of Insurance.
- In the event of a claim covered by your policy, you must do everything you can to minimise and reduce the cost of the claim and provide all supporting documentation of the event and expenses incurred. If you intend to submit a claim, please complete the claim form and if you need help doing this, contact us.
Volcanic eruption of Mount Agung, Bali - update 13 May, 2019
Important information about cover on your QBE travel insurance policy
An embargo for policies issued by QBE was put in place in September 2017 when the eruption was first anticipated and remains in place. This means there is no cover for claims arising from any volcanic activity of Mount Agung for QBE policies purchased after 14:00 AEST on Thursday 21 September 2017. Click here for more information on this embargo.
Following the purchase of the QBE travel business by nib holdings limited in August 2018, all travel insurance policies insured by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited will be serviced by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited from 13 May 2019. For any queries about your policy, contact nib on +61 3 8523 2777 or email email@example.com
Important information about cover on travel policies issued by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited from 13 May 2019
Likewise, an embargo is also in place for travel insurance policies issued by nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited; this means that there is no cover for claims arising from any volcanic activity of Mount Agung.
Key points about Mount Agung
- Volcanic activity at Mount Agung is continuing – this is an ongoing eruption
- People near Mount Agung should be ‘on alert’ despite the activity reducing
- People are advised not to climb or conduct any activity in the Hazard Zone
- It is considered safe to travel in Bali outside of the Hazard Zone
Contact Travel Insurance Saver
If you have any questions please fill in the form below and one of our friendly team members will get in touch soon